06 September, 2009

Mazel-tough

Violence in houses of worship has been a running theme this year. It has crossed faith boundaries. Clergymen are calling for open carry in their congregation. These rabbi's in New York City are preparing for many possible scenarios. This quote really made my day.

"Jews are not like Christians," Moscowitz said. "If I turn my cheek, I'm coming around to make a kick."

That comes from Rabbi Gary Moscowitz, a karate black belt and former NYPD officer. I can only imagine the look on some muslim extremists face when he realized he just messed with the wrong synagogue. Hell, just think if the entire adult population of a synagogue would carry firearms, the idea that you could kick them around would be ludicrous. Of course, Oleg Volk conveys with a picture and a few words, what it took me to do with an entire paragraph.



(h/t to the Sipsey Street Irregulars)

Update: Oleg Volk reminded me of this organization

No comments: