No, not the one about my sexuality. I am straight. Not the one about Coke or Pepsi. Actually neither, I'm a Dr. Pepper kind of guy. I was asked the 'holster' question. What kind of holster should I buy? Damned if I know is my answer. The common wisdom says I'll end up with a box full of holsters. With that in mind, there are some questions that you need to ask yourself.
1. What will your carry piece be?
2. Will the holster be fitted to your gun or a generic holster?
3. At what cant do you want your gun to rest?
4. What side will you carry on, strong or weak?
5. Where will the holster sit? Inside the Waistband, Outside the waistband. Inside the belt, outside the belt or pocket carry? An ankle hoslter perhaps? In the small of your back. A shoulder holster rig?
6. Kydex, Leather, nylon or a combination?
I don't know how to answer any of the above questions for you. It's like asking what is the 'best' gun for (insert purpose here.) There is no magic answer. I did ask some people who were kind enough to point me at some resources so I'll list them here.
All I can say is start going to your gun shops and start fitting holsters. The packaging can be opened up so you can try your gun in the holster. And if you end up with a box full of holsters, kindly refer back to this post. I'm just going to say it now, I told you so.
h/t to JayG, Unix Jedi, CJR, Sevesteen, & aepilotjim for their kind assistance.