02 May, 2010

QOTD - Principles of Liberty Edition

From Lyle at Ultimak via The View From North Central Idaho

Afterthought; We hear a lot of talk about integrity. "This is a man of great integrity.." and so on. OK, but how about principles? Integrity doesn't really tell the whole story, does it? Cannot one have integrity and still be wrong? Alright then, I want to see integrity and principles. Alright; integrity and American principles (of liberty). It's all I ask.


This brought on my thoughts on when politicians spew the word 'values.' Ugh, a politician can value your vote. He or she can value a campaign contribution. Principles are the bedrock upon which a human being builds their character. Principles are a binary set. Take for example, you are either honest or you're not. Now you can value honesty, but you can also value it's opposite if it advances your agenda. Lyle is correct,the principles of liberty is what a politician should espouse and back up with actions and deeds. Being a Missouri native, I've gotta alot of show me in my character. So Mr. Politician, Show Me that you're a principled individual. Otherwise, I'm gonna be your competition next time your seat comes up.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good point. Principals DO NOT equal values...