15 April, 2010

**it Happens

I'll forgive Jeremy Clarkson for being a smarmy know it all Brit who tells it like it is in the case of automobiles. Lucky bastard gets to drive some top notch machinery and not pull any punches in critiquing the rolling art. However, he makes a valid point in this piece for The Sunday Times.

We seem to have lost sight of the fact that throughout history 90% of people have behaved quite normally 90% of the time. Agatha Christie, for instance, was home-schooled and at no point was she forced to eat breadcrumbs from her neighbour’s bird table.

Clarkson makes the claim that 5% of the population is bonkers. So the rest of sane 95% should be able to reach some common ground, right?

No comments: