07 September, 2009

Circular Reasoning in regards to the range report

Buddy B: It's bitchness is sweet.

Me: Bitch!!

Buddy B: It's sweetness is bitch

Me: Sweet!

Today was my best day yet in shooting my Ruger 10/22. I even shot weak hand with my CZ Rami and I did decent with that as well. Well, at least I hit the paper target, although no where near was I printing decent groupings. I like shooting 147 gr FMJ through it and I bought some 147 gr RN to reload. I need to work up a load for it though. I just haven't the relevant reload data, as I am not satisfied with what Lyman has to offer. The slug seemed to seat too deep in the case. I'm afraid I'll overpressure the barrel. Off to clean my guns.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'm not able to reload, so I just shoot factory rounds... and yeah, if you seat em too deep, you WILL get an overpressure!

Top of the Chain said...

NFO - It wasn't pretty, it went immediately into my DO NOT SHOOT ON PAIN OF DEATH AND BLOWN UP GUN PILE of ammo. Luckily it was only the first of the fiteen cases I had charged with gunpowder to work up the load. -sigh-