19 April, 2013

Gun grabbing tabled......for now

The Senate voted this week and amendments to the base bill were voted down, including the infamous Manchin-Toomey amendment. 

I'm gonna gloat a wee little bit and do my happy dance.  There's still lots of work to be done. I read Delaware is passing a bill for universal background checks.  And that brings me to this quote from the movie Serenity,

'Cause as sure as I know anything I know this: They will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground, swept clean. A year from now, ten, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave.

Right now they're trying again, and will continue to do so.  It's time for us to misbehave.  Call your politicians and let them know you'll "misbehave" at the polls.   Let them know there are political consequences to their actions. 

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Standby for REGULATION... sigh