02 April, 2013

A letter sent to the Missouri member's of MAIG

I recently sent this letter to the Missouri members of Mayors Against Illegal Guns in the hope of them renouncing their membership in an organization whose members routinely violate the law.

The mayors are,


Mayor Linda Goldstein
Clayton, MO

 Mayor Sylvester "Sly" James Jr.
Kansas City, MO


Mayor Randall L. Rhoads
Lee's Summit, MO




Mayor Daniel Diplacido
Rock Hill, MO
   



Mayor Francis Slay
St. Louis, MO
    
       





Mayor Shelley Welsch
University City, MO
  


I would urge my readers to contact these mayors if you live in Missouri or your own if you reside in another state and demand to know why they would associate such an organization.

Mayor,

I am writing you to ask you why you are a member of the Michael Bloomberg led Mayors Against Illegal Guns?  

As a peacefully armed citizen, I find that when good law abiding citizens are armed, bad things that happen to them tend to go their way.  Yet MAIG is working to disarm me and millions of fellow gun owners. 

Perhaps you don't know some of your fellow MAIG members.  Let me introduce you to them and the hijnks they're involved in.  Recently we have Gainesville FL mayor Craig Lowe, arrested on drunk driving charges.

The full story can be found here. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gainesville-fla-mayor-found-asleep-crashed-car-charged-dui-article-1.1295715

Also, Marcus Hook PA mayor James Schiliro had a police officer drive a 20 year old to his and allegedly offered sexual favors to the young man while intoxicated and waving a gun around. 

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/story/21756962/mayor-of-marcus-hook-arrested

There are numerous other Mayors who have been less than lawful in their personal and professional lives.  Should you so desire, more information can be found here.

http://www.stopillegalmayors.com/

I certainly wouldn't be a part of an organization where my fellow members cannot hold themselves to the same standard they took an oath to defend, an oath you took as well.  Why would you?

Recently Michael Bloomberg said, "I do think there are certain times we should infringe on your freedom."

No, no he doesn't get to infringe upon my freedom any more than I get to infringe upon his, or yours,  with a free pass.  If you believe that what Michael Bloomberg said is ok, then we have a problem.  The constitution is a check on the power of the government, not a permission slip for you to do as you see fit. 

Sometime, have you probably asked why someone needs an AR-15, or needs a standard capacity thirty round magazine?  Those are inappropriate questions.  The correct question you should be asking is this: What justification does the government have for infringing upon my right to keep and bear arms?

My sincerest hope is that you would help defend those you've been elected to serve from encroachment and erosion of their natural rights, not assist an organization seeking to curtail those rights. Would you please renounce your membership in Mayors Against Illegal Guns? Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to your reply.


We shall see what kind of response I get.   I will not hold my breath, but at least they know that we are watching them.

No comments: