25 August, 2009

If I could create the republic of TOTCHISTAN PT. 1

Since our TOTUS has decided to remake the country in his image, I decided to lay out my own country and how I would want it set up.

We would be ruled by the golden rule

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Some of the ten commandments

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.

8 “You shall not steal.

9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Murder someone, their next of kin would have the option of a duel or trial. Did I mention that the judiciary would be of the free market. That's right, a mutually agreed upon judge who you pay to judge you. No appeal, and sentence carried out immediately. Capital crimes demand capital punishment. No lawyers either. You'd have to defend yourself. My law would be if you can't convey the meaning of the law in one single spaced 8 1/2 x 11 page or less, it won't become law. If you didn't pay attention in school for civics class, too bad, my country would be one of personal responsibility & personal accountability.


Steal something, same thing, duel or trial. punishment is loss of a hand. Makes you think twice, right?

Lie, and get caught at it? ditto, although I can see a duel being the more popular option.

Everyone would be encouraged to own firearms. You could own any kind of weapon you wanted to. Including air-fuel bombs if you were so inclined. I might draw the line at nuclear weapons, but it's on the table for now. See where this is going? Good, now when I stage my coup, remember who dreamt all of this up. more soon.

1 comment:

Taupe of the Chain said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.