18 August, 2011

Penn Jillette gets it, we don't know

Penn Jillette recently wrote an op-ed piece for CNN.com

Among the questions asked was how we can help everyone. His answer was a simple "I don't know." How do you assist every single individual, regardless whether or not they want that help? I don't know. When I posted the link to a friend's Facebook page, another commenter had this to say about Penn Jillette's answer;
Being Libertarian is not political skepticism. It's a very dogmatic view. Equating it with Atheism is a reach. Libertarian philosophy is not one of "I don't know," it is one not unlike any other that claims very much to know and asserts its claims universally.
As Uncle said in his post about this, why would I offer an alternative plan?

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good post, and ALL good points... we cannot fix EVERYBODY!